Birds of a feather flock together in Deer Lake! The community is a hub for many avian species, which stop on their way north or south as they follow seasonal migration patterns. The Town has a major river and lake located right at its doorstep, so one can view many bird species from different vantage points in the town.
- Learn more about the Flora and Fauna of the Deer Lake Trail System
- Check out ebird.org, the website of birding in the 21st century.
- For first-time bird watchers, visit the Beginner’s Guide to Birdwatching.
- The nf.birds Google Group allows you to post and interact with birders all over the province.
- Another great resource for young bird watchers is A Kids’ Guide to Bird Watching in the Playground, which can be found at the following link: www.aaastateofplay.com/a-kids-guide-to-bird-watching-in-the-playground/